Registration is closed.
2016 is the implementation year for the Energy Union, and the European Commission has promised to deliver high ambition on energy efficiency.
• How will the EU put energy efficiency first in its climate and energy plans?
• How will the extension of the energy efficiency framework boost energy efficiency markets and investments?
The 2016 Energy Savings Summit is the leading conference dedicated to energy efficiency in Brussels ahead of the adoption of proposals by the European Commission.
Join us on 25 May 2016 for a high level conference followed by a cocktail reception at the Residence Palace in Brussels.
Paolo Falcioni , Chairman, The Coalition for Energy Savings
Marie Donnelly, Director, Renewables, Research and Innovation, Energy Efficiency, DG Energy, European Commission
14:30: Energy Efficiency First in Energy Union proposals: Achieving a coherent policy framework
Setting the scene
Samuel Thomas , Senior Programme Manager, Energy Efficiency Division, International Energy Agency
• Informing policy makers: private and societal perspectives in the framework of Impact assessments. Thomas Boermans , Ecofys
• Energy efficiency in the new Deal for consumers. Theresa Griffin , Member of the European Parliament (S&D, U.K.)
• Energy efficiency in effort sharing and ETS proposals. Magda Stoczkiew icz, Director, Friends of the Earth
• Cohesion policy and energy efficiency first. Claire Roumet, Executive Director, Energy Cities
15:30: Coffee break
16:00: Energy Efficiency Directive and the 1.5% Savings Obligation: Boosting the prospects for investments
Setting the scene
Presentation of Article 7 implementation study, Dan Forster, Ricardo-AEA
• The Directive in practice. Martina Högberg, Deputy Director of the Environment and Energy Department, Sweden and Georg Maue, Federal Ministry for Economic and Energy, Germany
• Saving energy in the field: what local authorities need. Simone Raskob, Deputy Mayor of the City of Essen, Board member of Climate Alliance
• Expanding new business models: the prospects for efficiency. Mads Warming, Global Director on Water, Danfoss
• Consumers in an energy efficient world. Monique Goyens, Director General, BEUC
17:40: Closing remarks
Claude Turmes, Member of the European Parliament (Greens/EFA, Luxembourg)
18:00: Cocktail reception
The event will be moderated by Fiona Riddoch, expert in EU energy affairs.